Don’t Bang Your Head.
The name came to me as I listened to friends, business owners, organizational heads and young start-ups get increasingly overwhelmed with all the strategic and structural choices. How do start a viable business, whether a small at home business, a startup or a brick and mortar shop? How do we grow our existing business? Will our customers buy what we are building? Will they use it after they bought it? How do we build a business that can handle growth and success?
How do we retain our existing customers and expand our customer base? How can I get my message heard? And how do you prevent winding up in the land of wishful thinking* and stay in the world of making it happen.
How can I grow my business, expand my practice, turn this start-up into a business, how can I launch this new product?
What is….? How do I….? Why should I……? Can I throw my….. out of the window?
I have a passion for helping businesses grow and succeed. With over 25 years in business development, identifying market trends and building innovative businesses in areas of technology and design. What do I do? I work with entrepreneurs and small business owners looking to start their or grow business to turn that proverbial napkin into a viable business.
There are critical steps, strategically and structurally, that need to be taken before attorneys get hired, lengthy business plans get written, or leases signed. And that’s where we come in.
- What problem does your new venture solve or what is the need you are addressing in expansion?
- Does your solution fix a broken and urgent situation?
- Does your product solve one of the top 3 priorities for your customer? (Do you know your customers top 3 priorities?)
- Does your new venture save your customers money?
- What is your solution and in a single sentence, what is your unique value proposition ‘that turns an unaware visitor into a interested prospect’?
- What is your gain vs pain ration? The gain are the benefits that your customer will realize using your solution vs how much pain will it inflict? The pain of integrating your solution, getting their staff and customers to buy into your system. (There is ALWAYS pain: you need to identify it, acknowledge it and address it before your customer does).
- What are your customer segments, what are the barriers to their adoption of your solution and how will you overcome them? Our approach is not simply to research the data, but to get valuable insight and feedback from a network of industry advisers and prospective customers at every step from idea and on.
- And perhaps most importantly, what is the messaging that will break through the noise and resonate with each of your market segments?
But success doesn’t come from a brilliant product or the best cupcake: it comes from infusing the customer experience in every step of this process. And this is where Don’t Bang Your head shines: in being the voice of the customer
Every company needs an internal “voice of the customer”. Someone that can put themselves in the clients’ shoes and recommend or optimize approaches. Marcy is just that person. Her pulse of the market is beyond amazing. Couple that with her work ethics and creativity, and you will have an exceptional resource. Siamak Farah
CEO AT INFOSTREET, INC.
If you have an idea, are stuck in the process of building your company, have a company that is ready for expansion, call me and let’s talk. I work with a group of talented and experienced professionals from strategy, finance, development, marketing and PR; people who understand how to turn that napkin into a success.
* Any business plan that claims they will sell to everyone who uses Google, projects sales with lots of zeroes or whose pitch is that their start up is the next Amazon should stay in the world of wishful thinking!